Synthetic Brake Fluid
Castrol Brake Fluid (DOT 4) is a high performance, synthetic brake fluid which exceeds the requirements of the SAE J1703, SAE J 1704, FMVSS116 DOT 4 specifications.
Castrol Brake Fluid (DOT 4) is formulated from mixed polyalkylene glycol ethers and borate esters together with carefully selected additives. These enable the fluid to operate at a high performance level throughout its service life, offering system protection together with ultimate braking confidence.
Castrol Brake Fluid (DOT 4) is especially formulated to meet the demanding requirements of modern, high performance, automotive brake and clutch systems with the exception of those for which a mineral oil based fluid is specified.
As with all brake fluids which contain glycol ethers, care should be taken to avoid spilling this product on paintwork as it may have a damaging effect. In case of spillage, rinse the affected area with water immediately: Do not wipe.
It is fully compatible with other fluids meeting FMVSS 116 DOT 3 & DOT 4 Specifications however, in order to maintain the superior performance characteristics of Castrol Brake Fluid (DOT 4), avoid mixing with other brake fluid products. All conventional brake fluids deteriorate during use. It is strongly recommended that Castrol Brake Fluid (DOT 4), should be changed according to the vehicle manufacturers advice. In the absence of such advice, a 2 year change period is recommended.
- Formulated to maintain higher boiling point in service than conventional brake fluid.
- Higher Vapor Lock Point which makes it more reliable and suitable for city driving conditions, fast driving and hilly terrain. It maintains a higher in-service vapour lock performance compared to other DOT 4 fluids and in consequence offers a greater safety margin to the user especially under extreme driving conditions.
- Excellent anti-corrosive additives prolonging the service life of system components.
- Compatible with all natural and synthetic rubber components and metals used within conventional braking systems.
- SAE J 1703, FMVSS116DOT3
- SAE J 1704, FMVSS 116 DOT- 4.